Volunteer Internship Program in Kenya.
If you would like to make a meaningfull contributions in Kenya, but you are not exactly sure how, then you have come to the right place. This volunteer internship Kenya placement options are available in teaching, health care, Social work, human right, Environment, Infrustrucrure, Agriculture just to name but a few. Since each placement is created for you, anyone can participate (university students, graduate students or experienced professionals). We will help you design the Kenya internship project to ensure that both you and the organization benefit.
Internship opportunities in Kenya include the following fields:-
Volunteer Medical interns in Kenya are involed in various medical and nursing fields in healthcare work delivery in community hospitals, clinics and health centers. Volunteers work under supervision of medical doctors, nurses, dentists and clinical officers to provide quality health care services for these local communities.
Volunteer Teaching in Kenya
Volunteers teaching in Kenya are working in formal and non-formal teaching in both primary and secondary schools in rural villages in Kenya. They teach English, Mathematics and other subjects as well as extra-curricular activities. This is a long term placement form 3 months to 2 years.
Children Programs in Orphanage and Day Care Centers
Volunteers work in orphanage homes and day care centers assisting the kids with creative activities. In addition to this volunteers help in the kitchen preparing meals, help with laundry, mop the floor, washing dishes and clothes, give those who are sick their medication and volunteers story telling skills will be put to good use inspiring and motivating the children mostly those who are mentally affected due to problems affecting them from poverty to HIV/AIDS.
Construction, Repairs, engineering, Alternative energy eg solar and others. Volunteers will assist on construction in a school, an Orphanage, day care center, a community church, repairing your host family's house, painting, renovating a classroom, an old lady's house in the village e.t.c
- Organic farming.
- Effects of climate change.
- Effects of programmes on gender-equality.
- Product Development.
- Research on (eco) tourism possibilities and small tourism-related industries (souvenirs etc.)
- Research and development of alternative renewable energy sources.
You are welcome for this volunteer placement if you meet the following requirements:-
- For interns, you must be a professional with atleast 2 years of experince of work or a graduate with either higher diploma or degree in the following volunteer related fields: (organic) agriculture, livestock / poultry, forestry, water & sanitation management / irrigation, business, marketing, ICT, development studies, anthropology or human geography;
- An interest in developong countries
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- You are flexible and can adapt easily to different cultural circumstances
- Strong interpersonal relations, verbal and written communication skills
- You are comfortable to live in a rural environment with limited facilities and leisure opportunities
- High energy and goal oriented
- Good organisational skills, able to carry out research and and attention to detail.
- You are available for at least 3 months;