Volunteer in Environment Conservation Program in Kenya.
Some of the environmental challenges include land degradation, deforestation, liquid and solid waste management and air and water pollution. Major causes of environmental pressure include floods, poverty, wildlife, deforestation etc.
In this program we try to bring an end to environmental destruction and improve the environmental condition in Kenya today. This practice will lead to maintenance of global biodiversity, fruitful productivity and steady ecological systems.
Our organization has been involved in various activities within the country which include; tree planting in schools, private and trust lands, community farms, and intensification of environmental conservation
- A wider understanding of environmental issues.
- Volunteers shall get a chance to practice their acquired knowledge hence of utility to the project
- Volunteers shall have a chance to freely interact with the host community to further their research.
- A volunteer will be able to appreciate global bio-diversity and ecosystem integration.
Program is open to volunteers all year round. Volunteers can spend from two weeks onwards on the program. Who can volunteer? Any volunteer aged 18 years and above can participate regardless of their profession. However, specialized skills and expertise shall be used accordingly. Participants should have a positive attitude, be ready to adopt and enjoy simple living conditions.
Volunteers will have an opportunity to work in the following areas;
- Tree planting activities
- Community clean-ups
- Conservation of water wet lands and water catchment areas
- conservation of biodiversity
- Volunteers will work in environmental conservation with community members